Friday, October 19, 2018

Etsy mini -- You CAN still Add it to your website or blog -Here's How

Since I opened my new shop Dancing Jewelry Poet, I went through all the machinations of setting up the shop and then tried to add it to my blog.  The only problem was I didn't see anything on the etsy site that addressed how to do it.  There used to be an "etsy mini" icon you could just click on to get the java script.  No more.

In my hunt to learn if I just couldn't find it or if it was no longer possible, I am happy to report I found a way to do it.  Here's how:

Here's the javascript you need to use.  Where I have it highlighted, you need to replace that number with YOUR etsy shop ID number.



<script src="https://www.etsy.com/assets/js/etsy_mini_shop.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript">new Etsy.Mini(5639759,'gallery',3,6,1,'https://www.etsy.com');</script>


Here is the link to the instructions for finding your etsy shop number:





If you are adding to blogger, go to design/layout.  Click add gadget and scroll/select HTML/Javascript.   A box will come up allowing you to add a title and paste the javascript.

  I was able to add both my shops to my blog.  See on right hand side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment